May 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- 9:00 PM
Saket, New Delhi
Hi folks! Come get your weekly brunch fix or help cure your Saturday night hangover with a delicious, rich, traditional Himachali feast!
Every Himachali's favorite comfort food, I've never found these dishes offered at local restaurants in Delhi, so I thought why not invite people to taste the experience at my home.
We'll sandwich the meal between some kanji, warm chai/coffee, conversations and fun games.
What to expect:
- Kanji (a spicy, rye-based fermented beverage) to welcome you and start the afternoon
- Ice-breaking games and fun conversations
- A delicious, freshly cooked, 5-course traditional Himachali meal, followed by dessert:
- Steamed jeera rice
- Maa chole dal - Simple homestyle dal gravy
- Teli maa - Dry urad dal cooked with light spices and oil
- Mahni - A tangy Himachali twist on kala chana
- Mandra - A rich, dahi based gravy embedded with chickpeas
- Mittha nevrha - Assorted sweets and dry fruits cooked in sugar syrup
- Some more conversations with calm music and warm chai/coffee
So head on over for a relaxing Sunday afternoon! :)